Resume Of Lisa Lawless, Ph.D.
Holistic Wisdom, Inc. & NAASAS, Bend, OR
2000 - Present
C.E.O. / Founder: Director of all company divisions and procedures: eCommerce, market research, sales, public relations, design, web development, creative designer of product packaging, networking, wholesale, and research. Freelance writer, public speaker, activist, professional consulting, academic supervision and teaching, radio and television interviews, workshops, classes, and trade shows. Professional consulting through National Association for the Advancement of Science & Art in Sexuality (NAASAS.org).
TriWest Group, LLC (TWG), Boulder, CO
Consultant: Provided consultations to clients in the human service arena. Efforts focused on implementing and evaluating managed care systems in the areas of child welfare, behavioral health, and eldercare services. Writer for proposal with company's largest client: Access Behavioral Care.
Private Practice: Counseling Source, Longmont, CO
1999 - 2000
Psychotherapist: On-site and telephone counseling sessions for mental and holistic health.
Boulder Community Hospital, Behavioral Health, Boulder, CO
1998 - 1999
Care Coordinator with JCAHO, ADAD-approved psychiatric and chemical dependency hospital. Responsibilities included case management of intensive outpatient, partial, and inpatient levels of care. Provided collateral contacts with consumer support systems, community resource networking, clinical treatment planning, initial and ongoing clinical assessments, and disposition planning using solution/wellness model. Collaborated with attending psychiatrists and internal clinical staff. Conducted individual and family counseling sessions using cognitive, behavioral, solution focus, and crisis intervention techniques. Performed quality assurance monitoring, marketing contacts with community resources, and facility orientations to patients and their families.
Charter Behavioral Health Systems, LCC, Rockville, MD
1996 - 1998
Case Manager for JCAHO approved hospital now known as Adventist HealthCare Shady Grove Medical Center. Supervised all utilization reviews for acute inpatient, partial, residential, and intensive outpatient levels of care. Responsibilities included: clinical collaboration with all clinical staff. Worked with clinical case managers representing multiple insurances, managed care, and state agencies. Trained all departmental employees to utilize two internal computer programs. Managed all clinical appeals regarding external managed care denials. Facilitated peer reviews and acted as an internal patient advocate and administrator for medication hearings. Researched identified trends and planning in case management to provide marketing strategies for the hospital. Served as liaison to on-site external reviewers. Performed quality assurance monitoring, marketing contacts with community resources, and facility orientations to patients and their families.
Value Options, Inc., Merrifield, VA
1994 - 1996
- Mid-Atlantic Out of Panel Authorization Coordinator for mental health and chemical dependence managed care corporation, which became Beacon Health Options and was acquired by Anthem, Inc. Responsibilities included: therapeutic collaboration with mental health providers and the Mid-Atlantic Unit Case Management Department. Assessment of patient treatment needs, referral, and recommendations to clinical case managers for further review. Provided authorization to mental health providers to treat patients based upon clinical credentials and negotiated rates. Departmental monthly reporting, staff scheduling, and documentation of daily departmental proceedings.
- Mid-Atlantic Service Associate: Supervised fifteen staff members as Team Leader delegated correspondences to appropriate Service Associates. Trained new employees: trained staff on six internal computer programs, monitored calls, reviewed trainee cases, and provided trainees with insight for productive solutions. Provided direct support to the Service manager through implementing team-building concepts and procedures. Triaged and managed confidential calls from beneficiaries, providers, and clients. Assessed caller needs and developed solutions regarding clinical, financial, management, and benefit issues—educated providers on all relevant policies and procedures.
Threshold Services Inc., Rockville, MD
1995 - 1996
Internship within Masters of Social Work program for a private group home with chronically mentally ill adults. Responsibilities included: Individual therapy using a biopsychosocial base with psychosocial, behavioral modification, and cognitive techniques. Performed clinical and administrative documentation while reporting to the Associate Executive Director.
American Psychiatric Management, Rockville, MD
Counselor Intake Coordinator for mental health and chemical dependency abuse services in HMO insurance corporation. Responsibilities included: handling confidential client calls, assessments, and referrals to clients for mental health needs. Provided crisis intervention, appropriate clinical matching, therapeutic collaboration with mental health providers and case managers, assigning case managers to patients for further long-term mental health and substance abuse needs.
Psychiatric Medical Institution for Children (PMIC), Cedar Rapids, IA
Counselor in a group home for adolescents (Tanager Place). Therapeutic focus varied with client clinical diagnosis: specializations in sexual abuse and ADHD. Responsibilities included: assessment of client needs, development of treatment for individual clients, crisis interventions including counseling and physical management using solution-focused, psychosocial, and behavioral modification treatment interventions. Performed medication management implementation documentation of client behaviors and treatment. Other duties: implementation of the program through group therapy, providing guidance on social skills, hygiene, and coping skills.
Sunrise Retirement Communities, Inc., Arlington, VA
1990 - 1992
- Director of Activities in a licensed home for seniors. Responsibilities included developing and implementing activity plans, assessing resident needs, and community networking.
- Information Assistant in the marketing department. Responsible for inquiry tours and follow-up, public relations, and data entry.
- Resident Assistant: performed receptionist duties, assisted residents with ADL's and distributed medication.
Rape Crisis Alliance of Alamance County, Burlington, NC
1990 - 1991Crisis Counselor to rape crisis clients. Victim advocate in such settings as court, police investigations, and hospital examinations. Other duties: public educator and clerical assistant to the administrator.
Alamance Family Recovery Center, Burlington, NC
1990 - 1991
Counselor: conducted group therapy sessions, family/client intake assessments, and staff meetings in drug and alcohol treatment center for adolescents.
Iliff Nursing Home, Dunn Loring, VA
1989 - 1990
- Assistant Director of Activities: coordinated activities, organized and edited monthly newspaper, flyers, memos, and newsletter.
- Assistant Physical Therapist: prepared clients for therapy sessions and assisted in performed procedures.