Trusted for 23+ Years
Dr. Lisa Lawless, CEO of Holistic Wisdom
Clinical Psychotherapist: Relationship & Sexual Health Expert
Sexual Arousal at Home
If you have ever been dancing at a club, you know that there is a high level of sexual excitement knowing that others are watching you dance. This heightened sense of sexual awareness often gives couples arousing visual stimulation that adds to their attraction to one another. Yet, couples often forget to bring this into their bedrooms.
Some couples find that it is easy and fun to do an erotic striptease for their partner in the privacy of their own home. Dancing can be a liberating experience a form of foreplay. Imagine your partner coming home from a long day and finding the smile on their face when they see that you are ready to sensually entertain them with a striptease. Learn how to visually excite your lover and explore your sexual prowess through dance.
Plan Your Look
Plan what outfit you wish to wear and go through a practice run on removing each part of the costume. Below are some tips from erotic dancers to help you get started:
- Adding a few extra layers such as a robe or boa helps to elongate the teasing aspect of the dance.
- In addition to traditional lingerie, you can use an adult costume with a theme such as a naughty nurse, school girl, or secretary. The options are only limited to your imagination.
- You can use body glitter, special makeup, temporary body jewelry, and tattoos for an added surprise. You can also use body makeup to cover any blemishes that you might have on your body.
- Add some unique eyelashes for a dramatic effect.
- Consider using pasties, body jewelry, or temporary body tattoos on your body so that as you remove your top or bra, there is something to surprise your lover.
- Get makeup and accessories that glow in the dark.
- Shave your pubic hair in a special shape.
- Ensure you have unscented, clear deodorant to keep body orders at a minimum. You will be doing some heavy physical activity and want to stay smelling and looking nice with your sexual hygiene.
- Wipe down the bottom of your shoes with rubbing alcohol to keep from slipping. Putting no-slip rubber pads on the bottom of your shoes may also a good idea as it prevents embarrassing falls.
- As the primary purpose of heels is to flatten your stomach and lengthen your legs, the minimum height is 3 inches to accomplish this. Look for a shoe with a plastic one-piece sole and heel. Shoes with leather and wood heels tend to flex too much and put a lot of stress on your knees and back. Make sure to practice walking and dancing at home to avoid injuries.
- Don't wear an asymmetrical costume (hem cut at an angle, one shoulder strap, or sleeve). People are unconsciously are drawn to bilateral symmetry, which means that your arms and legs are the same lengths. An asymmetrical outfit can be distracting.
Design The Atmosphere
Decide if you want to have lit candles, dim the lights or even use a black light to make things visually seductive. You can create a theme, base it on a special date you had, the options are limitless.
Choose what music you will play and have it ready to go when your lover is ready for your show. Decide how many songs you will do and what mood you want to create. You can start slowly or fast and end with whatever mood you desire. You can also have other songs that will keep the mood going as you begin having more sexual playtime with one another.
Practice Your Dance
- Take time to visualize your dance and then practice it in a mirror. The more you are comfortable with the idea of doing this, the easier it will be during the time of your live performance.
- When dancing, it is quite erotic for your lover to watch you touch yourself by caressing yourself throughout the dance.
- You can also whip your hair around if it is long, and even if it isn't, you can still glide it along their skin.
- Make sensual eye contact. Nothing exudes sexual domination like a moment of making strong eye contact.
- You may want to take a video of your dance for yourself to see what you might want to work on and the final performance if you want a little keepsake for your lover. Just remember that videos and pictures can last a lifetime if they are ever posted on the internet.
- Try to stretch before you dance, as sometimes quick movements can cause a muscle spasm.
- If you are using a stripper pole, make sure it is secure and can handle your weight and velocity as you spin around it.
- Use band-aids or moleskin to help you prevent blisters.
Create Your Plan
- You can whisper in their ear before you begin telling them to have a seat and not to speak as you have a special surprise for them.
- Don't forget to touch them. You can run your hands through their hair, caress them and even give them a lap dance.
- Move in levels of height from standing up to bending over and kneeling. Mixing up your positions makes the dance more visually stunning.
- Use a chair slide onto it backward. Slide your hands up and down to simulate sexual caressing and grind up against it.
- Use the wall or a stripper's pole to slide up and down. Don't be afraid to lift your legs during your dance or move onto the bed and do a seductive crawl.
- If you want first to blindfold them to lead them to the striptease location, make sure you have one ready to go.
- You can use restraints to tie them up, rendering them helpless and utterly submissive to your sexually dominant role. Integrating a whip, feather tickler, and other props can also be a great way to add to the visual and tactile stimulation of the show.
- Use your hands, a feather teaser, whip, or clothing to touch your lover and move things around them for added fun.
Remember not to rush a striptease. It is meant to delay gratification and provide a fun period of play before sexual activity. Don't forget to have fun as this is for you as much as it is for your lover.