Trusted for 23+ Years
Romantic Getaways & Adventures
Dr. Lisa Lawless, CEO of Holistic Wisdom
Clinical Psychotherapist: Relationship & Sexual Health Expert
A couple's only getaway, even just for a weekend, can bring you closer together and allow for fun and creativity in a whole new way. The first thing you will want to do in choosing your romantic rendezvous is to decide what you are looking for and communicate if you are going with a partner. If you travel, make sure to see our How To Travel With Sex Toys Guide as well as our Protect Yourself At Sex Resorts Guide.
Below are some questions that may help you in your decision-making process:
Do you want a getaway with couples only?
This resort would allow only other couples, no singles or adult families. The popular Sandals resort falls into this category.
Do you want a getaway with adults only?
This type of resort would include couples and singles, and adult families. Some adults-only resorts define adults as age 18 and up.
Are you looking for a clothing-optional beach or getaway?
Many beach properties, especially in the Caribbean, have clothing-optional beaches, although clothing is required in most areas of the resort. These are not the same as a nudist resort, where nudity is the order of the day throughout the entire resort.
Sex Education Spas
- CanyonRanch.com / Locations: Tucson, AZ & Lenox, MA
- SurfAndSandResort.com / Laguna Beach, CA
Take Adventures Together
Doing things together can bring you closer, and making that effort to do new things and have adventures will help keep your relationship feeling revitalized when you get into slumps. Here are ideas for romantic adventures:
- Have a picnic in the woods, at a park, on the beach, by a lake.
- Watch the sunset together.
- Go out on a boat, rent one if you do not have one.
- Take a class together.
- Go to landmarks in your area you have not gone to before. Be a tourist in your own town.
- Go to a spa together.
- Have a pillow, water gun, or nerf-gun fight.
- Make a new dish or dessert together.
- Take a hot air balloon ride.
- Go to a vineyard.
- Watch a romantic movie together.
- Write love letters to one another.
- Create a romantic scavenger hunt.
- Look at old photographs and videos together.
- Dance together.
- Take a bubble bath or hot tub together.
- Get a box of chocolates and hand-feed them to one another.
- Play a sex game.
- Ask one another fun sex questions.
- Give one another massages.
- Go back to where you first met.
- Go to a murder mystery dinner.
- Go to a sports game.
- Build a campfire and make s'mores.
- Go to a comedy show.
- Go to a raceway and ride go-carts.
- Go to a national park.
- Go bowling together.
- Play pool together.
- Take a tour of a local brewery.
- Volunteer together.
- Make homemade ice cream together.
- Dance in the rain.
- Go to a karaoke bar.
- Learn a new language together.
- Take turns making each other breakfast in bed.
- Tell them five things you love about them.
- Keep a couple's journal and take turns writing in it.
- Make date nights a priority.
- Praise your partner in front of others.
- Greet them warmly when they walk in the door.
- Create a couple's vision board.
- Do a home workout together.
- Take turns reading to one another from a book (erotic).
See our free Erotic Stories.
- Stargaze together.